1/22/11

Surprise!

Nathan and I are expecting a baby! I'm due July 1, 2011, which makes me 17weeks and 2 days, today! 23 more to go!


Though it came as a big shock to us at first (as we were not trying) we are super thrilled to be parents soon! I waited so long to tell people because its advisable to wait until at least the second trimester mark (14 weeks) as this is when the risk of complications severely dies down. I also had to take care of letting my family know, as well as my work. At this time, I still dont want anything on my facebook as I feel pregnancy is an intimate thing to be shared with family and close friends. We will use this blog to keep everyone updated on the progress!


Baby so far: We dont know the sex yet! Though we were hoping to find out at the 16 week ultrasound.  We have to wait until the 31st to find out. It seems like the days are dragging by! So far the doctors say the baby is growing healthy and all tests for birth defects have come back negative. At about week 15 I started feeling weird movements in my abdomen that I knew weren't gas (hahahahaha). I wanted to say they were kicks but I couldnt quite tell! Now, all I feel is the little dude kicking me! Its the coolest feeling :)

Me so far: Not showing much! Those of you who know me, know that I've always had a flatter stomach, so this "expansion project" is hard to take in. I know though when I get my official "bump", I'll be so excited! I just bought my first pair of maternity pants (blah) and they are actually pretty cute. I also got the BeBand which goes over the top of your regular pants to hold them up. I'm tired all the time and more hungry, but not really sick besides occasional nausea haha. My biggest craving is chicken teryaki from Teryaki Time (no one else compares!!!) and sweets. I'm a very finicky eater though, if I have a craving I'll get it, take a few bites, and feel sick from it and not eat it for weeks haha. Only thing perservering is the chicken teryaki. I guess thats what the baby likes!


pregnant

Here are some ultrasound pics :)
               7 weeks                                     11 weeks
        12 weeks  (NT Scan)                          16 weeks

2 comments:

  1. WHOOO WHOOO!!!! HURAY!!!! I'm so excited! Thats awesome- you two are going to have the funniest coolest kid in the world!!! Congratulations!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations guys! I was so happy to find your blog. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete